Just a few hours until my birthday (wheeeeee!). So, I wanted to do a 29 related post, since I’m turning 29.
I decided to write about some of my favorite memories (in random order).
1. The beach/view from the place where I spent many of my summer holidays as a child.
2. A night during one of these holidays, eating with my parents and my grandfather on a tavern up on a hill (next to the sea). I was carrying with me a pink pencil case, but I was using it as a bag.
3. I must have been around 8 or 9, on my birthday my mama totally surprised me with a glass pendant I wanted, and a huuuge birthday card.
4. My favorite dog, Bobby, and the way he was standing in front me, looking me with so much love, ready for me to pet him!
5. When I was little and I was filling up the kitchen sink and turning it into a swimming pool for my Barbie dolls.
6. A walk on the center of Athens, during the holidays, with my mama, going to visit my grandpa.
7. Waking up after my afternoon nap (I wasn’t even in elementary school), in winter, and spending the afternoon with my mom, watching Charlie Chaplin movies.
8. One year’s Christmas holidays, during junior high (one of the years between 2001 to 2003). It was such a nice family holiday!
9. Playing the balcony scene from “Romeo and Juliet” in the garden when I was little.
10. The (beginning of 90s) clip earrings that my mom was buying me from the flea market.
11. The expeditions, in the nature around the house where I grew up, with my grandfather.
12. The days after my brother’s birth.
13. Watching movies in the living room of my grandparents, as a teenager, when visiting them during the holidays or weekends.
14. A game we were playing with my mama when I was very little, when she would create a circle with her legs (the nest) and I would sit in the “nest” like I was a little bird.
15. The mornings, during my late elementary years, when I was waking up around 5 or 6 a.m. (biological clock programmed this way basically) and I was making bead jewelry, reading, playing (etc) before going to school.
16. An Easter morning (I must have been around 10 or something like that). I was so happy to wear my new clothes and excited for the day’s celebrations.
17. During a theatrical performance, where I was wearing a hooded mantle, I was walking while singing and the summer breeze went through the hood of my mantle.
18. Playing with my Playdoh tea set, when I was really really young.
19. Bread grilled on the fireplace, and then dipped into a sauce made of olive oil, lemon and oregano.
20. Daydreaming (as a teenager) about falling in love.
21. The most amazing sea, one morning, a few Septembers ago.
22. Trying on my mom’s brown lipstick, as a child (I think I was around 10).
23. The visit at a gift wrapping/craft supplies store at my hometown, when I was little. Heaven.
24. Dressing up with my grandmother’s camisoles and other trinkets, when I was 5, 6.
25. A walk with my father, when my mom was still in the hospital after giving birth. We bought Mexican food afterwards.
26. Summer holidays, watching reruns on tv, and making a house for my Barbie doll, using her things, as well as everyday objects I could find around the house.
27. Eating a camembert and cranberry crepe for the first time.
28. When I was little, my grandfather organized an exhibition in my house, in the corridor, with my childhood drawings. Friends and family were visiting the exhibition and purchasing my art for a very small fee.
29. Going to a classical music festival with my mama. It was taking place in the town next to my hometown.